Tuesday 24 March 2009

Here is love vast as the ocean

I have to admit I do prefer to lead and play contemporary praise and worship songs but I do love the old hymns aswell!
I've been using here is love alot recently
I used this over the weekend at church and at the big push.
I think most folk know the hymn and the first 2 verses. But there are another 2 verses.
The one I’ve been using is:

Let us all his love accepting,
Love him, ever all our days;
Let us seek his kingdom only
And our lives be to his praise;
He alone shall be our glory,
Nothing in the world we see.
For he has cleansed and sanctified us
He himself has set us free.

I love these words! Truly awesome!

The hymn was written by a chap called William Rees 1802-1883 – they think this verse was written by him, but there not sure

A little bit of info below about Mr Rees:
Born: November 8, 1802, in a farmhouse called Chwibren Isaf, at the foot of Mynydd Hiraethog, Llansannan Parish, Denbighshire, Wales.
Died: November 8, 1883, Chester, England.
Buried: In the family plot, Smithdown Road Cemetery, Toxteth, Liverpool, England.
He was known as a preacher, a lecturer, a poet, novelist, astronomer and political thinker, and he also pastored in Liverpool for over 30 years.
This is the only hymn I can find written by this chap! And wow what a hymn.
Loving the 3rd verse at the mo

No comments:

Post a Comment