Thursday 16 April 2009

NEW SONG: We are righteous (Demo)

Hey!

I’ve uploaded a rough demo version of a new song “We are righteous” to my worship journal profile and MySpace (SEE LINKS ON RIGHT)

I’ve been using this song a lot @ church and at some of the events I’ve been leading at

I wrote this song in Australia in Jan this year. I was reading an awesome book by Joseph Prince called “designed to reign” at the time.

For me I’ve always known that God loved me and in the last few years I’ve really been getting to know who I am in Christ. After reading this awesome teaching it took this to another level for me.

I really felt that we need to sing these truths over ourselves.

We need to declare the awesome truth that we are righteous.

In the natural most of us are far from righteous but through what Jesus done at the cross God sees us righteous! There is now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. I think a lot of the time we don’t realise who we are. We are forever blessed, we are chosen, accepted, forgiven we are designed to reign. Satan doesn’t want us to believe these awesome truths because he knows when we fully believe them and start living in this we will become unstoppable

The other thing I feel we need to believe is that it’s not about what we do. If it is we fail miserably but it’s all about what Jesus has done! He paid the debt! He paid it ALL! He who knew no sin became sin, He became our Substitute, our Advocate, he took ALL our punishment. I’m still trying to get this to sink in fully, in truth the good news is SO GOOD! So good that I think we sometimes think it’s too good to be true! But the truth is that Jesus paid it all in full!

The words are below:

The Chord sheet is @:

http://www.worshipjournal.com/en_GB/profile/Ian%20Yates.html

We Are Righteous

Romans 5:17, Romans 10:1-12, Romans 8:1, Isaiah 53, Heb 10:12-14, 1 John 2:1

We are righteous

Through the blood of Christ

We are righteous

Because of what he’s done

No condemnation, no guilt no shame

New creations, born again

Forgiven, accepted, chosen by the king

Forever blessed, destined to reign

It’s all because of Jesus

Because of what he’s done

We are righteous

Through the blood of Christ

We are righteous

Because of what he’s done

Our Substitute, Our Advocate, he took our punishment

Our Rescuer, what sacrifice, he has paid the highest price

I am righteous

Through the blood of Christ

I am righteous

Because of what he’s done

No comments:

Post a Comment